Class Homework Pages
Homework will be handed out every Tuesday and is expected to be returned by the following Monday.
Copies of homework tasks can be accessed via year group pages below.
We have simplified our homework policy to reflect the need to focus on and develop key skills for learning - reading, maths skills including times tables knowledge and speedy, accurate recall, spelling and knowledge about topic areas of learning.
All children are given homework. Effective homework reinforces or extends the work done at school but it is also a chance for parents to discuss work with children. It plays an important part in keeping parents up to date with what children are doing week by week.
We expect all children to complete homework and we need your support to ensure that this happens. We are well aware that occasionally children will not be able to complete a homework activity for various reasons. If a child persistently fails to return homework to school he or she will be expected to do it at break time or lunchtime.
HOW TO HELP YOUR CHILD AT HOME AND IN SCHOOL
Below are some simple ways in which you can help your child learn by working at home together:
- Support the school by ensuring that their child completes the homework.
- Provide a suitable place for the homework to be completed.
- Encourage and praise their child when they have completed their homework.
- Be actively involved and support their child with homework activities.
- Make it clear that they value homework and support the school by explaining how it can help learning.
Full details of homework are contained in our Homework Policy, which you can download below or view by clicking on the tree trunk.