Free School meals Information
VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION
All children who are entitled to Free School Meals because of their family circumstances bring an additional £1300 into the school budget to support their learning experiences at school. This money is known as Pupil Premium money and enables school to plan and support learning opportunities for these children.
If your child is entitled to free school meals anyway you still need to apply and register your entitlement otherwise school will not receive this additional funding.
A child is entitled to Free School meals if parents/carers are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit 'run-on' - paid 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- During the initial roll out of the benefit, Universal Credit
If you are in receipt of any of the above please download the form below, complete it and return it to the address on the form at Derby City Council. Alternatively we have copies that you can collect from the school office.