Year 2 Remote Learning - Tuesday 12th January
Tuesday 12th January
Reading Task (9 - 9:25am)
- Read the second part of Man on the Moon by Simon Bartram.
- Now discuss these words and phrases with your adult. Talk about what they mean: tourist, entertain, somersaults, occasionally, guided tour, craters, stilts, souvenir stand.
Maths Live Input (9:25 - 9:45am)
Log into Teams for 20 minutes of maths input.
Maths Task (9:45 - 10:10am)
Today we will complete pages 114, 115 and 116 in the Power Maths book (Unit 4: Money, Lesson 4). Use the strategies that we shared in the live lesson. When you have finished, send some photos of your work to Mrs Ball so that she can give you some feedback.
Playtime (10:10 - 10:25am)
Independent Reading (10:25am - 10:35am)
Log in to Oxford Owl and choose a book from your coloured reading band. The login for the website is:
DT (10:35am - 11:35am)
Click the link and listen to the gingerbread man story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0uV6nWxO-w Who are the characters in this story?
Today we are going to start our design and technology project. We are going to be making finger puppets! First we need to research what finger puppets look like and how they are made.
Follow the link to look at the pictures of different finger puppets. https://www.google.com/search?q=finger+puppets+&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjNh-PR1InuAhUMgM4BHQ0cCXAQ2-cCegQIABAA
Some are made from felt, some are made from paper and some are made from different materials. We are going to be using paper to do our finger puppets. How many finger puppets will we need? 5 for 5 fingers!
Look at the pictures – what makes a good hand puppet? What resources will you need to make your puppet?
Get your piece of paper.
Place your finger on the paper. You need to leave about 1cm gap between your finger and the pencil.
- Once you’ve done that you can design your gingerbread man on the inside of the border using this shape.
4. Remember to draw a face and colour your gingerbread man in.
Save your work for next week and we'll carry on with our finger puppets then.
Handwriting (11:35 - 11:45am)
- Write the short date. (12.01.21)
- Practise joining 'im'.
- Practise writing 'him'. Remember to join the letters.
- Practise writing 'climb'. Remember to join the letters.
- Look at my example to help you.
Lunch (11:45am - 12:45pm)
Phonics (12:45 - 1:10pm)
Watch and join in with the pre-recorded phonics lesson for your group. We have emailed you with details of which video your child should watch and join in with.
Phase 5 phonics session
Phase 5 phonics task
Phase 6 Phonics 12.01.21.
English Live Input (1:10pm - 1:30pm)
Log in to Teams for 20 minutes of English input.
English Task (1:35 - 2:30pm)
- Write the long date in your English book. Tuesday 12th January. Remember to underline it with a ruler.
- Today we are going to clarify vocabulary from the Apollo 11 mission. That means we are going to explain what words mean.
- Have a look at the words and pictures in the document below.
- Copy each word into your book. Write what each word means. Draw a picture to go with it.
PE (2:30 - 3:20pm)
Join in with 'PE with Joe' at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSi2ix1i180.