Year 2 Remote Learning - Thursday 14th January
Thursday 14th January
Reading Task (9 - 9:25am)
-Write the long date in your yellow reading book. Thursday 14th January.
-Look at the questions below. You will find the answers in part 2 of Man on the Moon by Simon Bartram.
-Write the answers neatly in your yellow reading book.
Maths Live Input (9:25 - 9:45am)
Log into Teams for 20 minutes of maths input.
Maths Task (9:45 - 10:10am)
Today we will complete pages 117, 118 and 119 in the Power Maths book (Unit 4: Money, Lesson 5). Use the strategies that we shared in the live lesson. When you have finished, send some photos of your work to Mrs Ball so that she can give you some feedback.
Playtime (10:10 - 10:25am)
Independent Reading (10:25am - 10:35am)
Log in to Oxford Owl and choose a book from your coloured reading band. The login for the website is:
Stepping Stone Maths and Times Tables Rock Stars (10:35am - 11:35am)
-Write the short date in your blue maths journal. (14.01.21.)
-Copy these sequences into your book, then fill in the gaps:
- 76, 75, 74, 73, ___, ___, ___, ___, ___.
- 65, 64, 63, ___, ___, ___, ___, ___.
- 82, 81, 80, ___, ___, ___, ___, ___.
- 80, 70, 60, 50, ___, ___, ___, ___, ___.
- 30, 35, 40, ___, ___, ___, ___, ___.
- 20, 22, 24, 26, ___, ___, ___, ___, ___.
- 0, 3, 6, 9, ___, ___, ___, ___, ___, ___, ___.
When you have finished. Log in to Times Tables Rock Stars. https://ttrockstars.com/
Spelling Shed (11:35 - 11:45am)
- Login to Spelling Shed to practise your spellings. https://www.spellingshed.com/en-gb/
Lunch (11:45am - 12:45pm)
Phonics (12:45 - 1:10pm)
Watch and join in with the pre-recorded phonics lesson for your group. We have emailed you with details of which video your child should watch and join in with.
Phase 5 phonics session - 14.01.21
Phase 5 phonics tasks - 14.01.21
Phase 6 Phonics 14.01.21
English Live Input (1:10pm - 1:30pm)
Log in to Teams for 20 minutes of English input.
English Task (1:35 - 2:30pm)
- Write the long date in your English book. Thursday 14th January. Remember to underline it with a ruler.
- Today we are learning about coordination. Coordination is when you use the words 'and', 'but' and 'or' to join sentences. They are called conjunctions.
- Write sentences about Apollo 11. Use 'and', 'but' and 'or'. They should be in the middle of your new sentence, never at the start.
- If you get stuck, you can use the sentence starters below to help you.
- If you would like a challenge, try and include the ambitious vocabulary in your sentences too, as well as 'and', 'but' and 'or'.
PE (2:30 - 3:20pm)
Join in with Cosmic Kids Yoga - Alan the Camel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuL3lhsU1Bs
Once you have finished, practise skipping outside with a skipping rope, if you are able to. Alternatively, practise skipping without a rope.