Year 2 Remote Learning - Monday 11th January
Monday 11th January
Reading Task (9 - 9:25am)
- Look at the text below. It is the first part of a book called 'Man on the Moon' by Simon Bartram.
- Look at the front cover. What do you predict will happen?
- Now discuss these words and phrases with your adult. Talk about what they mean: 'rises at six o'clock' and 'responsible'.
Maths Live Input (9:25 - 9:45am)
Log into Teams for 20 minutes of maths input.
Maths Task (9:45 - 10:10am)
Today we will complete pages 111, 112 and 113 in the Power Maths book (Unit 4: Money, Lesson 3). Use the strategies that we shared in the live lesson. When you have finished, send some photos of your work to Mrs Ball so that she can give you some feedback.
Playtime (10:10 - 10:25am)
Independent Reading (10:25am - 10:35am)
Log in to Oxford Owl and choose a book from your coloured reading band. The login for the website is:
Science (10:35am - 11:35am)
Our new science topic is materials. Here is our knowledge organiser. Have a look at it. This shows you everything that we will be learning about in science this half term.
Now go on a 'materials hunt' around your house.
- Look out for objects made of wood, plastic, metal, fabric and glass.
- Write the long date in your science book. Monday 11th January.
- Write the object, materials and properties of what you have found like the example below. Don't rush it. There will be time to finish your science work this afternoon. Look at the poster below for some good science vocabulary to help you describe the properties.
Handwriting (11:35 - 11:45am)
- Write the short date. (11.01.21)
- Practise joining 'in'.
- Practise writing 'find'. Remember to join the letters and make sure that the f and the d are tall.
- Practise writing 'behind'. Remember to join the letters.
- Look at my example to help you.
Lunch (11:45am - 12:45pm)
Phonics (12:45 - 1:10pm)
Watch and join in with the pre-recorded phonics lesson for your group. We have emailed you with details of which video your child should watch and join in with.
Phase 6 Phonics 11.01.21
Phase 5 phonics lesson 11.01.21
Phase 5 phonics tasks 11.01.21
English Live Input (1:10pm - 1:30pm)
Log in to Teams for 20 minutes of English input.
English Task (1:35 - 2:30pm)
- Write the long date in your English book. Monday 11th January. Remember to underline it with a ruler.
- Today we are going to listen to the story Footprints on the Moon by Mark Haddon. Year 2 will remember this from our first day back at school last Monday. Listen to the story carefully.
- Draw a story map to show what happened in the story. If you forget what happened, you can see the text in the document below.
Science (2:30 - 3:20pm)
Finish the science work that you started this morning. Make sure that it is your very neatest work.