Year 2 Remote Learning - Friday 8th January
Friday 8th January
Reading Task (9 - 9:25am)
- Write the long date in your yellow reading exercise book. Friday 8th January.
- Read the text below about Neil Armstrong. Choose your level of challenge: one star, two star, three star. The stars are shown at the bottom of the page.
- Read the questions and find the answers in the text. Write the answers neatly in your yellow reading books.
Maths Live Input (9:25 - 9:45am)
Log into Teams for 20 minutes of maths input.
Maths Task (9:45 - 10:10am)
Today we will complete pages 108, 109 and 110 in the Power Maths book (Unit 4: Money, Lesson 2). Use the strategies that we shared in the live lesson. When you have finished, send some photos of your work to Mrs Ball so that she can give you some feedback.
Playtime (10:10 - 10:25am)
Independent Reading (10:25am - 10:35am)
Log in to Oxford Owl and choose a book from your coloured reading band. The login for the website is:
PSHE (10:35am - 11:35am)
Our PSHE topic this half term is 'Being Me'. Follow the instructions below:
- Think about what makes you special.
- Write the long date in your topic books. Friday 8th January.
- Now draw and label what makes you special. Look at my example below.
Handwriting (11:35 - 11:45am)
- Write the short date. (E.g. 08.01.21)
- Practise the diagonal join to ascender joining 'cl'.
- Practise writing 'clip'. Remember to join the letters.
- Practise writing 'clothes'. Remember to join the letters.
- Look at my example to help you.
Lunch (11:45am - 12:45pm)
Phonics (12:45 - 1:10pm)
Watch and join in with the pre-recorded phonics lesson for your group. We will have emailed you with details of which video your child should watch and join in with.
Phase 5 phonics lesson 08.01.21
Phase 6 Phonics Lesson 08.01.21 .mp4
English Live Input (1:10pm - 1:30pm)
Log in to Teams for 20 minutes of English input.
English Task (1:35 - 2:10pm)
- Today we are going to learn what happened on the Apollo 11 mission. This was the first time an astronaut landed on the Moon!
- Watch the video at the bottom of the page on: at https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zjwvb82/articles/zhx4k2p. This shows Neil Armstrong on his mission to the Moon in 1969. He was the first person to walk on the Moon.
- Watch the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=VikMGLHn-zg. This is an animation to show more clearly what happened.
- Now write the long date in your pink English books. Friday 8th January.
- Look at the sheet below. Read the sentences. Write the sentences into your English books in the correct order to show what happened. Remember to write very neatly.
Weekly diary entry and golden time (3:10 - 3:20pm)
Please write a short diary entry explaining your favourite parts of the week, and anything you have struggled with. Please write these each Friday in the BACK of your pink English books - make sure you write and underline the date! Friday 8th January.
When you have finished the diary entry, enjoy some golden time.
Live Summary - Question and Answer Session (3:20 - 3:30pm)
If you need any support with today's learning, would like to ask some questions, or would like to share some of your learning, log in at 3:20pm when Mrs Ball will be online to help you or to give you some feedback.