Year 2 Remote Learning - Friday 15th January
Friday 15th January
Reading Task (9 - 9:25am)
-Write the long date in your yellow reading book. Friday 15th January.
-Look at the questions below. You will find the answers in part 2 of Man on the Moon by Simon Bartram.
-Write the answers neatly in your yellow reading book.
Maths Live Input (9:25 - 9:45am)
Log into Teams for 20 minutes of maths input.
Maths Task (9:45 - 10:10am)
Today we will complete pages 120, 121 and 122 in the Power Maths book (Unit 4: Money, Lesson 6). Use the strategies that we shared in the live lesson. When you have finished, send some photos of your work to Mrs Ball so that she can give you some feedback. If you finish your maths work, look on the Teams assignment for a challenge.
Playtime (10:10 - 10:25am)
Independent Reading (10:25am - 10:35am)
Log in to Oxford Owl and choose a book from your coloured reading band. The login for the website is:
PSHE and Times Tables Rock Stars (10:35am - 11:35am)
-Here are some amazing facts that people might write about themselves:
- I enjoy playing the guitar.
- I have glasses.
- I like spending time with my dog.
- I have green eyes.
- I don't like bananas.
- I love pepperoni pizza.
-Write the long date in your green topic book. Friday 15th January.
-Write five amazing facts about yourself in your best handwriting and draw a picture to go with each one. Remember to use capital letters, full stops and finger spaces.
When you have finished. Log in to Times Tables Rock Stars. https://ttrockstars.com/
Handwriting (11:35 - 11:45am)
- Write the short date. (15.01.21)
- Practise joining 'dr'.
- Practise writing 'drip'. Remember to join the letters and make sure that the y has a long descender.
- Practise writing 'drink'. Remember to join the letters.
- Look at my example to help you.
Lunch (11:45am - 12:45pm)
Phonics (12:45 - 1:10pm)
Watch and join in with the pre-recorded phonics lesson for your group. We have emailed you with details of which video your child should watch and join in with.
Phase 5 phonics session 15.01.21
Phase 5 phonics tasks 15.01.21
Phase 6 Phonics 15.01.21
English Live Input (1:10pm - 1:30pm)
Log in to Teams for 20 minutes of English input.
English Task (1:35 - 2:30pm)
- Write the long date in your English book. Friday 15th January. Remember to underline it with a ruler.
- Today we are learning about time adverbials. These are time words that we use to say when something happened.
- Write sentences to describe your morning routine. Use the time adverbials below and the pictures to help you.
- After a few minutes
- A few moments later
- Some time later
- After a while
- If you get stuck, you can use the sentence starters below to help you.
- If you would like a challenge, try and include the challenging time adverbials.
Weekly diary entry and golden time (2:30 - 3:20pm)
Please write a short diary entry explaining your favourite parts of the week, and anything you have struggled with. Please write these each Friday in the BACK of your pink English books - make sure you write and underline the date! Friday 15th January.
When you have finished the diary entry, enjoy some golden time.