Wednesday 20th January
Wednesday 20th January
Reading Task (9 - 9:25am)
-Write the long date in your yellow reading book. Wednesday 20th January. Draw a storyboard to show what happens in the Man on the Moon story. Look at the example below to help you. Find and copy words from the Man on the Moon text to add to your storyboard.
English Live Input (9:25 - 9:45am)
Log into Teams for 20 minutes of English input.
English Task (9:45 - 10:10am)
-Write the long date in your pink English book. Wednesday 20th January.
-Today we are going to remind ourselves about what a recount looks like. A recount is a piece of writing that retells events that have happened in the correct order.
-Read these recounts. Remember that recounts need to have time adverbials, conjunctions, correct punctuation and they would usually include feelings too. If you have a printer, you can ask your adult to print the recounts and underline the time adverbials, conjunctions and any ambitious vocabulary (wow words).
-If you would like a challenge, explain to your adult which text is the best recount and say why.
Playtime (10:10 - 10:25am)
Independent Reading (10:25am - 10:35am)
Log in to Oxford Owl and choose a book from your coloured reading band. The login for the website is:
Computing (10:35am - 11:35am)
-Memory Task: Can you think of 5 different types of 'personal information'. Should we share this information online?
- Write and underline today's long date in your green topic book: Wednesday 20th January.
- Click here, and read about algorithms. Watch the video on the page to learn about what an algorithm is.
- In your topic books, write a step-by-step algorithm to tell someone how to make a piece of toast. Number each step!
- Look at the picture below to see how to set it out.
Handwriting (11:35 - 11:45am)
- Write the short date. (20.01.21)
- Practise joining 'mp'.
- Practise writing 'jumper'. Remember to join the letters.
- Practise writing 'bump'. Remember to join the letters.
- Look at my example to help you.
Lunch (11:45am - 12:45pm)
Phonics (12:45 - 1:10pm)
Watch and join in with the pre-recorded phonics lesson for your group. We have emailed you with details of which video your child should watch and join in with.
Phase 6 Phonics 20.01.21
Phase 5 phonics session 20.01.21
Phase 5 phonics task 20.01.21
Maths Input (1:10pm - 1:30pm)
There is no live Teams session today. Please watch the videos below, which will explain how to do the maths task.
Maths Task (1:35 - 2:30pm)
Today we will complete pages 129, 130 and 131 in the Power Maths book (Unit 4: Money, Lesson 9). Use the strategies that we shared in the video. When you have finished, send some photos of your work to Miss Morgan so that she can give you some feedback. If you finish Power Maths and fancy a challenge, have a go at the task below in your maths journal.
History (2:30 - 3:20pm)
Memory Task (Think about the answers to these questions.)
- Who was Neil Armstrong?
- How many years ago did Apollo11 take place?
- Who else was involved in the Apollo11 mission?
- What did Neil Armstrong say when he stepped on the moon for the first time?
Today you will be learning about Christopher Columbus. In this lesson you will find out lots of new facts about Christopher Columbus.
- Write today's long date at the top of your green topic book: Wednesday 20th January.
- Click the link here to read about Christopher Columbus and watch the video on the page too.
- Watch the video below of Miss Morgan reading part of a book about Christopher Columbus.
- Draw a mind map of information you have learnt about Christopher Columbus. Write 'Christopher Columbus' in the middle of the page in your topic book, then with a ruler draw arrows and write some facts to show what you have learnt. Look at my example below.