Tuesday 2nd February
Tuesday 2nd January
Assembly (8:45am - 9am)
We would like you to begin the day by watching an assembly which has been recorded for you by our CEO, Mr. Dewes. Mr. Dewes looks after all of the schools in our academy trust and would like to introduce himself to you all. There is a competition for you to enter too! If you would like to enter, send your entries to Mrs Ball.
Click on this link to watch the assembly: https://www.loom.com/share/a8446fdaef1e471299bba512069851c3
Reading Task (9 - 9:25am)
- Read the next part of the story The Night Gardener by The Fan Brothers.
- Read it out loud to your adult.
- Talk about what the following words mean:
English Live Input (9:25 - 9:45am)
Log into Teams for 20 minutes of English input.
English Task (9:45 - 10:30am)
- Write the long date in your English book. Tuesday 2nd February. Remember to underline it with a ruler.
- Today we are learning how to write contraction words in sentences.
- We are going to use the contraction words in the document below.
- Using the contraction words below, write sentences about the story of the 'Man on the Moon (A Day in the Life of Bob)'.
- If you would like a challenge, try and include the ambitious vocabulary in your sentences.
Playtime (10:30 - 10:45am)
Independent Reading (10:45am - 10:55am)
Log in to Oxford Owl and choose a book from your coloured reading band. The login for the website is:
DT (10:55am - 11:35am)
- What does a good finger puppet need?
- Can you name all the characters from the story of The Gingerbread Man?
- Today we are going to make the rest of the finger puppets needed for the characters in The Gingerbread Man.
- You have already made the Gingerbread Man and the cow finger puppets.
- Now you can make three more finger puppets. Choose from the pig, cow, fox, horse, little old woman and little old man.
- You can make these out of paper or card like I showed you last week, or if you have some soft fabric like felt, you could ask your adult to help you cut out two finger-shaped pieces of fabric, then sew the two pieces together. Next you could cut out and stick on the face (e.g. eyes and nose) onto your finger puppet. Here is a video to help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1-B01FB56s/.
- If you are sewing, remember that you will need to ask an adult to help you. Remember to be very careful with the needle and thread and make sure that you have an adult with you.
Times Tables Rock Stars (11:35 - 11:45am)Log in to Times Tables Rock Stars to practise times tables https://ttrockstars.com/
Lunch (11:45am - 12:45pm)
Phonics (12:45 - 1:10pm)
Watch and join in with the pre-recorded phonics lesson for your group. We have emailed you with details of which video your child should watch and join in with.
Phase 5 phonics session 02.02.21
Phase 5 phonics task 02.02.21
Phase 6 Phonics 02.02.21
Maths Live Input (1:10pm - 1:30pm)
Log in to Teams for 20 minutes of Maths input.
Maths Task (1:35pm - 2:30pm)
Today we will complete pages 158, 159 and 160 in the Power Maths book (Unit 5: Multiplication and Division, Lesson 9). Use the strategies that we shared in the live lesson. When you have finished, send some photos of your work to Mrs Ball so that she can give you some feedback. If you finish Power Maths and fancy a challenge, try the task below in your maths journal.