Tuesday 26th January
Tuesday 19th January
Reading Task (9 - 9:25am)
- Read the next part of the 'Great Explorers' text about Neil Armstrong.
- Now discuss these words and phrases with an adult:
English Live Input (9:25 - 9:45am)
Log into Teams for 20 minutes of English input.
English Task (9:45 - 10:10am)
- Write the long date in your English book. Tuesday 26th January. Remember to underline it with a ruler.
- Today we are learning how to write questions.
- Look at the photos in the live Teams input and here on the website:
- What can you see? What could have left such enormous footprints? What were they doing? Why do you think they were at school? What is the object on the right? Who does it belong to?
- Now look at the photo in the live Teams input. What is it? Who does it belong to?
- Today we are going to write some questions to ask Miss Fletcher..
- Write your questions using the question words:
- If you get stuck, use the question starters below. If you would like a challenge, include the ambitious vocabulary below.
Playtime (10:30 - 10:45am)
Independent Reading (10:45am - 10:55am)
Log in to Oxford Owl and choose a book from your coloured reading band. The login for the website is:
DT (10:55am - 11:35am)
- What other characters do we still need to make from The Gingerbread Man story?
- What would make a good finger puppet?
- Today we are going to draw the cow from The Gingerbread Man story.
- Get a piece of paper or card.
- Place your finger on the paper.
- Draw around your finger leaving at least a 1cm space between your finger and the outline.
- Once you have done that, you can draw the cow inside your outline.
- Here is an example. You can colour your finger puppet in too!
Times Tables Rock Stars (11:35 - 11:45am)Log in to Times Tables Rock Stars to practise times tables https://ttrockstars.com/
Lunch (11:45am - 12:45pm)
Phonics (12:45 - 1:10pm)
Watch and join in with the pre-recorded phonics lesson for your group. We have emailed you with details of which video your child should watch and join in with.
Phase 5 phonics session 26.01.21
Phase 5 phonics task 26.01.21
Phase 6 Phonics 26.01.21
Maths Live Input (1:10pm - 1:30pm)
Log in to Teams for 20 minutes of Maths input.
Maths Task (1:35pm - 2:30pm)
Today we will complete pages 143, 144 and 145 in the Power Maths book (Unit 5: Multiplication and Division, Lesson 4). Use the strategies that we shared in the live lesson. When you have finished, send some photos of your work to Mrs Ball so that she can give you some feedback. If you finish Power Maths and fancy a challenge, try the task below in your maths journal.