Tuesday 19th January
Tuesday 19th January
Reading Task (9 - 9:25am)
- Now re-read all of the Man on the Moon book to your adult.
- Try and remember what the words that you discussed with your adult mean.
English Live Input (9:25 - 9:45am)
Log into Teams for 20 minutes of English input.
English Task (9:45 - 10:10am)
- Write the long date in your English book. Tuesday 19th January. Remember to underline it with a ruler.
- Today we are learning about subordination. Subordination is when you use the words 'because', 'when' and 'if' to join sentences. They are called conjunctions.
- Write sentences about Apollo 11. Use 'because', 'when' and 'if'. They should be in the middle of your new sentence, never at the start.
- If you get stuck, you can use the sentence starters below to help you.
- If you would like a challenge, try and include the ambitious vocabulary in your sentences too, as well as 'because', 'when' and 'if'.
Playtime (10:10 - 10:25am)
Independent Reading (10:25am - 10:35am)
Log in to Oxford Owl and choose a book from your coloured reading band. The login for the website is:
DT (10:35am - 11:35am)
For DT this week, we are going to finish our gingerbread man finger puppet which we started last week, here is how to do it:
- Cut out the finger outline which you drew the gingerbread man in last week.
- Now, draw around your finger leaving about a 1cm space around your finger just like last week.
- Cut out the outline, and use glue around the edge to stick it to the back of the gingerbread man - making sure you can put your finger inside.
Have a look at the photo below to help.
Times Tables Rock Stars (11:35 - 11:45am)Log in to Times Tables Rock Stars to practise times tables https://ttrockstars.com/
Lunch (11:45am - 12:45pm)
Phonics (12:45 - 1:10pm)
Watch and join in with the pre-recorded phonics lesson for your group. We have emailed you with details of which video your child should watch and join in with.
Phase 6 Phonics 19.01.21
Phase 5 phonics session 19.01.21
Phase 5 phonics task 19.01.21
Maths Live Input (1:10pm - 1:30pm)
There is no live Teams session today. Please watch the video below, which will explain how to do the maths task.
Maths Task (1:35 - 2:30pm)
Today we will complete pages 126, 127 and 128 in the Power Maths book (Unit 4: Money, Lesson 8). Use the strategies that we shared in the video. When you have finished, send some photos of your work to Miss Morgan so that she can give you some feedback. If you finish Power Maths and fancy an extra challenge, have a go at the task below in your maths journal.
PE (2:30 - 3:20pm)
Remember to get your sports clothes on.
For your warm up join in with the Just Dance space themed actions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRkPmgmZLOI.
Now join in with 'PE with Joe' at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnOtrnh80hs.