Thursday 28th January
English (9:00 - 9:50)
Please log into Teams for a 20 minute English input. Then complete the sheet below by writing vocabulary from our book and drawing a picture of what the word means, if you do not have a printer copy the word neatly into your pink English book and draw the meaning of the word.
Independent Reading (9:50-10:00)
Log into Oxford Owl and choose a book to read from your coloured reading band. The log in for the website is:
Reading task (10:15-10:35)
Write and underline the short date. 28.01.21
Now write down the tricky words you can spot in the story. (use your tricky word mat to help you spot them)
Mum and dad took Polly to the pet shop to pick a pet. They saw a big fat cat having a nap.
Next, the pet shop keeper said that Polly could look at the dogs. She skipped into the back to look at the dogs and the dogs barked. Dad put Ben the dog on his lap and Ben fell asleep.
Then, the shop keeper said that Polly could have a look at the rats, but Polly said no. Mum and Dad asked Polly to pick a pet. She picked Ben the Dog.
Computer (10:35 - 11:35)
- What is personal information?
- Think of 3 types of personal information.
- Today, we are going to learn to create a code to control something.
- Watch the video about coding on this webpage: What is code? - BBC Bitesize
- You could ask your adult to download the free 'Bee-Bot' app using the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. Press the arrow buttons to show what you want the Bee-Bot to do. Then press 'Go'.
- Alternatively follow this link Bee-Bot Online (terrapinlogo.com) to have a go online.
Phonics (11:35 - 11:45)
Look at your phonics sounds in the brown envelope in your reading folder. Please spend this time revising these sounds as well as reading the sight words on the orange card.
Maths (1:50 - 1:05)
Please log into Microsoft Teams for a 20 minute maths input.
Then have a go at the task below in your blue maths journals.
Phonics (1:50 - 2:10)
Watch and join in with the pre-recorded phonics lesson for your group. We have emailed you with details of which video your child should watch and join in with.
Please use Phonics play:
You may log in with the following details:
Phase 3/4 - IT WILL COME ON LOUD, SORRY ABOUT THE SOUND QUALITY.
Phase 5 phonics session 28.01.21
Phase 5 phonics task 28.01.21
Join in with Joe's PE lesson https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slWSKoIP3vc. Don't forget to warm up before and cool down after!