Thursday 28th January
Thursday 28th January
Reading Task (9 - 9:25am)
-Write the long date in your yellow reading book. Thursday 28th January.
-Look at the questions below. You will find the answers in the text 'Great Explorers' by Charlotte Guillain.
-Write the answers neatly in your yellow reading book.
English Live Input (9:25 - 9:45am)
Log into Teams for 20 minutes of English input.
English Task (9:45 - 10:30am)
-Write the long date neatly in your pink English books and underline it with a ruler. Thursday 28th January.
-Today we are learning to clarify vocabulary from Man on the Moon, which means that we are going to explain what words mean.
-Have a look at the words and pictures in the document below. Copy each word into your book. Draw a picture to go with it. Write what each word means.
- rush hour
Playtime (10:30 - 10:45am)
Independent Reading (10:45am - 10:55am)
Log in to Oxford Owl and choose a book from your coloured reading band. The login for the website is:
Stepping Stone Maths and Times Tables Rock Stars (10:55am - 11:35am)
- Go to https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
- Choose 'Number Bonds', then 'Addition within 20.' Practise your addition facts within 20. With practice, you should begin to remember these straight away, rather than having to work them out.
- Now choose 'Number bonds', then 'Subtraction within 20'. With practice, you should begin to remember these straight away, rather than having to work them out.
- Now go to: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zs6tjsg Play the o'clock and half past quizzes.
- When you have finished. Log in to Times Tables Rock Stars. https://ttrockstars.com/ Practise your times tables.
Spelling Shed (11:35 - 11:45am)
- Login to Spelling Shed to practise your spellings. https://www.spellingshed.com/en-gb/
Lunch (11:45am - 12:45pm)
Phonics (12:45 - 1:10pm)
Watch and join in with the pre-recorded phonics lesson for your group. We have emailed you with details of which video your child should watch and join in with.
Phase 5 phonics session 28.01.21
Phase 5 phonics task 28.01.21
Phase 6 Phonics 28.01.21
Maths Live Input (1:10pm - 1:30pm)
Log in to Teams for 20 minutes of maths input.
Maths Task (1:35 - 2:30pm)
Today we will complete pages 149, 150 and 151 in the Power Maths book (Unit 5: Multiplication and division, Lesson 6). Use the strategies that we shared on Teams. When you have finished, send some photos of your work to Mrs Ball so that she can give you some feedback. If you finish Power Maths and fancy a challenge, have a go at the task below in your maths journal.
PE (2:30 - 3:20pm)
Warm Up: Join in with Just Dance Kids (A Pirate You Shall Be): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe_HDfdmnaM.
Main: Now do Cosmic Kids Yoga with a Star Wars theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coC0eUSm-pc.