Monday 1st February
Monday 1st February
Reading Task (9 - 9:25am)
- Look at the text below.
- It is the first part of a book called The Night Gardener by The Fan Brothers.
- Read the text out loud to your adult.
- Talk about what the following words mean with your adult.
English Live Input (9:25 - 9:45am)
Log into Teams for 20 minutes of English input.
English Task (9:45 - 10:30am)
- Write the long date in your pink English book. Monday 1st February.
- Today we are learning to find and underline contraction words. These are words that have an apostrophe for contraction in. E.g. couldn't, didn't. We will be learning to match the contraction word with its full form. E.g. Match couldn't with could not.
- First, look at the text and underline or copy the contraction words into your English books.
- Now, look at the matching activity. Match the contraction words with their full forms and write them into your English books.
Playtime (10:30 - 10:45am)
Independent Reading (10:45am - 10:55am)
Log in to Oxford Owl and choose a book from your coloured reading band. The login for the website is:
Science (10:35am – 11:35am)
Today you are going to be investigating different materials.
- Look at the PowerPoint. Click on the speaker icons to hear Miss Morgan read the page.
- Complete the sheet. If you do not have a printer, write and underline today's long date: Monday 1st January, then copy and complete the sentences straight into your science book.
Use the link below to fill in the missing material game:
Handwriting (11:35 - 11:45am)
- Write the short date. (01.02.21)
- Practise joining 'ld'.
- Practise writing 'could'. Remember to join the letters.
- Practise writing 'would'. Remember to join the letters.
- Look at my example to help you.
Lunch (11:45am - 12:45pm)
Phonics (12:45pm - 1:10pm)
Watch and join in with the pre-recorded phonics lesson for your group. We have emailed you with details of which video your child should watch and join in with.
Phase 6 Phonics 01.02.21
Phase 5 phonics session 01.02.21
Phase 5 phonics task 01.02.21
Maths Live Input (1:10pm - 1:30pm)
Log in to Teams for 20 minutes of Maths input.
Maths Task (1:35pm - 2:30pm)
Today we will complete pages 155, 156 and 157 in the Power Maths book (Unit 5: Multiplication and Division, Lesson 8). Use the strategies that we shared in the live lesson. When you have finished, send some photos of your work to Mrs Ball so that she can give you some feedback. Here is a picture that will help you with question 3.
If you finish Power Maths and fancy a challenge, try the task below in your maths journal.
Science (2:30 - 3:20pm)
Finish the science work you started this morning. Make sure that it is your neatest work.