GET INTO READING AT BORROW WOOD WITH THE 25 BOOKATHON
The 25 Bookathon
We have set the children a challenge to read 75 books whilst they are Borrow Wood.
The books are divided into 3 broad age ranges with a range of different types of books in each challenge set.
- Cougar Books are for children in FS2 and Year 1
- Panther Books are for children in Years 2, 3 and 4
- Jaguar Books are for children in Years 5 and 6
Although we have split them into these sets, the children can dip in and out of books in other sets if they want to.
This is how it works:
- Children have a booklet each to take home with their 25 books listed with the book cover picture and a short blurb to help them get a feel of the books.
- They need to read the books and ask an adult to sign the booklet to show that the book has been read. It would be great if you could give each book a mark out of 10.
- 5 books read = Bronze wristband
- 15 books read = Silver wristband
- 25 books read = Gold wristband (and a possible mystery prize for gold!!!!)
There is a class list with all 25 books on display in classrooms, so that children can tick off/colour in which books they have read. There are also displays in both school halls with all the book covers and blurbs to encourage the children to look for the books and talk to each other about the books they have read.
Wristbands will be given out during our awards assemblies on Fridays.
The booklets can be downloaded below.